Hi there, Faster Times!
Hello, Faster Times Readers. My name is Molly, and I’m a new writer here. As the name of my column suggests, I am into women and the media– more specifically, I love to talk about representations of gender and sexuality in pop culture and current events. I don’t write exclusively about women’s issues, but I approach media criticism through a feminist lens. Basically, I think it’s fun to write about things like sex and Lady Gaga in an intelligent, critical way.
If you are put off by the word “feminist,” don’t be. The way I use it, feminism is just the general belief in equality when it comes to gender, sexuality, race, class– I’ll write more in depth about this as I go. I love being a feminist writer because it forces you to constantly be questioning and developing your beliefs. Whether you’re talking about goofy pop culture stuff or current political decisions, it always gets wonderfully complex and complicated.
So please keep reading. It will be hilarious and thought-provoking, like this video of Borat making fun of feminists! I think it’s hilarious, but it’s also problematic, so it’s confusing for me. Talking about it and trying to figure it out is the fun part.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook