Thank God for Shopper Violence
I’m very relieved to hear of the various incidents of violence brought on by the “doorbusters” and other Black Friday-related narco-shopping come-ons. This mad rush to buy garbage is the single best indication we have that America’s consumers (and the economy that belongs to their appetites) are alive and well.
A Black Friday where no one dies or is sent to the hospital is a major red flag for those who watch the health of the economy anecdotally as I do.
So far we have a pepper spraying at a California Wal-Mart and an actual shooting in South Carolina (also at Wal-Mart). No crushings or tramplings just yet, but you know – fingers crossed. I would feel bad for the victims if not for the fact they are at a Wal-Mart at 4 o’clock in the morning and so they are de facto “asking for it” to begin with.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook