Did the Smurfs Cause the Stock Market Crash?
The new folklore around Wall Street environs is that Smurfs are bad luck for traders and markets. They may be cute and have a hit movie in theaters, but my friends on The Street will be goddamned before they ever allow a Smurf anywhere near their trading posts or turrets again.
My StockTwits pal @WiserGuy1971 threw this up on Chart.ly the other day, clearly illustrating that the day the Smurfs rang the opening bell of trading on the NYSE was the beginning of the bloodbath. Look how badly they smurfed things up:
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook