SEGA Announces Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2
While this news likely doesn’t come as a surprise, Sonic the Hedgehog: Episode 2 has been officially green-lighted by SEGA and production is now underway. Making the announcement is Ken Balough, the Digital Brand Manager for SEGA, all the while wearing a pretty furry-tastic beard that looks Tails, Sonic’s favorite boy wonder. This announcement is how off the release of Sonic Generations, and will receive a larger budget than Sonic the Hedgehog: Episode 1 due to the recent commercial success of the franchise.
Sonic has been playing on nostalgia now for about as long as he has been playing on original content, and while it’s unlikely that this latest Sonic title will break this cycle, Balough has confirmed that Ken Balough has confirmed that the hated physics engine from Episode 1 have been fixed, and that Sonic will more resemble his SEGA Genesis incarnation.
Although there is no official announcement for a Wii version of the title, its possible that its being held back in order to be released along with Nintendo’s upcoming Wii U console. To check out the full interview with Gamespot’s Maxwell McGee, take a click on the link right here.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook
- 10 Shaq Confident He Will Eventually Make Funny Quip on TNT