Grand Theft Auto V World Premier Trailer Released
While the recent announcement of GTA V wasn’t exactly a surprise, the world premiere trailer for the upcoming title certainty is. Despite rumors to the contrary, the game seems to take place in a fictional version of Los Angeles, and has nothing to do with 2012 or Mayans.
Although details are still limited, the direction that Rockstar is taking the protagonist actually seems quite interesting. He seems to be an Al Pacino type figure from about ten years ago, a middle aged man with children, who planned on getting out of the business but for some reason decided to stick with it. Unfortunately, while that’s about all this trailer reveals, this new protagonist seems to have plenty of narrative possibility, and hopefully Rockstar will treat him right.
While Nico from the previous Grand Theft Auto IV was also a very good narrative character, as you very much got the ‘yokel’ feel from him, the execution of his supporting cast left him still feeling somewhat estranged to Liberty City, even at the end of it all. He never really found his place in the world, but what seems great is that this new protagonist is an old pro, and will likely have a colorful cast of connections that will play great roles in the story.
Take a look at the trailer below and let us know what you think of the new direction Rockstar is taking this, and you can also go to Rockstar’s official website for the latest GTA V news.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 3 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 4 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 7 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 8 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook