Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Rounds Out Cast With Frank West and Rocket Raccoon
Capcom has a way with hype, which is not always a good thing given the low quality of recent releases such as Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition. They try as best as they can, but like Barack Obama’s 2008 presidential campaign, the hype is just impossible to live up to.
To create more hype for the release of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Capcom has released two character vignette trailers showing off the moves of Frank West and Rocket Raccoon.
Frank West, the protagonist of Dead Rising and a fighter in the highly underrated Tatsunoko vs Capcom, seems to play much like he does in Tatsunoko, and has also been given his own leveling system that is built up when he takes photos with his camera. The leveling up system is not detailed in the trailer, but looks to increase his damage and chip damage output.
While Frank West is probably the only reason to justify picking this up, Rocket Raccoon is an unusual addition, as Marvel likely wanted to promote their cosmic characters and their Guardians of the Galaxy lineup by including his likeness. He utilizes many weapons to create both offensive and defensive combos, but seems a bit uninspired in his execution.
While I wouldn’t endorse this game by any means, you can pick it up on November 15th for both Xbox 360 and PS3. Besides for Frank West and Rocket Raccoon, the new characters include Doctor Strange, Ghost Rider, Hawkeye, Iron Fist, Nova, Firebrand, Nemesis T-Type, Strider Hiryu, Vergil, and Phoenix Wright.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook
- 10 Shaq Confident He Will Eventually Make Funny Quip on TNT