Grey Warden Photo Op Provoked Racist Trolling On Bioware’s Facebook Page
The internet is no stranger to trolling. In fact, the two are probably muturally exclusive. When you have an avenue for expression, like a forum, or in this case, a Facebook comment section, there are bound to be people that will use the universal microphone the Internet provides to be hurtful or just generally disrespectful.
And that’s exactly what happened in the album Grey Warden Photo Ops on the Dragon Age Facebook fan page that is owned and operated by developer Bioware. Under the picture that is featured above, the following comment was posted:
shoulnt he have sickle instead of a sword and raggy clothes instead of armor and chain..bracelets on his wrists and ankles? just saying it would be more historically accurate.
Now normally I steer clear of the political correctness police, and I was at first willing to let this go. That was until I saw that the comment dated from September 6th, of last year. Now I’m not suggesting that Bioware intentionally left the comment there, but they seriously need to do a more thorough job of monitoring their comment section.
Although it probably went unnoticed by many, it is hardly the image that a PR specialist would recommend to Bioware. I recommend that their social media expert gets on this immediately and removes the comment, as its an insult to the smart and sophisticated storytelling that Bioware is known for in the gaming world.
You can view the Grey Warden Photo Ops album HERE, and be sure to check for plenty of other racial trolls in the album.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 3 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 7 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook