Riot Listens To League of Legends Fans; Creates Surprise Party Fiddlesticks Skin
The other day, I posted about Blizzard creating its own DOTA game to cut in on the market that has largely been swept up by Riot Games’ DOTA title League of Legends. However, that market is going to be hotly contested, as Riot is one of those rare companies that actually listens to its fans.
In a stroke of what may seem like randomness to those not familiar with the game, Riot has gone ahead and created a skin for the champion Fiddlesticks. Pictured above, the skin is called Surprise Party Fiddlesticks, and the idea for it originated in a forum thread on Riot’s website. You wouldn’t think that Riot would actually implement this idea, but not only did they go ahead and create it, they also changed the theme song and the opening screen for the time being, all to celebrate their two year anniversary as creators of League of Legends.
The skin is now going for the price of 975 Riot points ($7.50) and seems like a great addition to anyone that plays Fiddlesticks a good amount.
Personally, I’ve been playing way too much League of Legends recently, particularly on the new Dominion Crystal Scar map, so if I’m sounding a bit fan-boyish, that’s probably the reason. A lack of consoles will do wonders for someone with a second rate PC. If a 21/6/25 record on Dominion doesn’t sum up how much I’ve been playing recently, then I don’t know what else does.
Even if you don’t really play League of Legends, I would urge you all to give it a go. The game is free to play, so at least the only thing you’re wasting is time.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook