Turns Out I Can Play Arkham City On The PC (And So Can You!)
Like the leading Batman villain to your left, the PC is a two-headed beast, especially when it comes to gaming. For older games, it works like a charm, but for the latest in graphical greatness, let’s just say that its a good idea to stick to consoles if you don’t have the latest model. But it seems that with Arkham City, the sequel to the commercially and critically successful Arkham Asylum, this is very much not the case. Not only can most PC’s bought in the last few years run this thing, but they can likely run this thing well. Which is great news, for those of who currently don’t have a console to their name, or who just plain prefer the PC as their primary gaming platform.
Arkham City has already been getting rave reviews both critically and by users, and seems to be a strong contender with its predecessor for best Batman game of all time, which admittedly is not a hard award to receive. In fact, gamers seem to believe it’s a bit underrated, as evidenced in a Twitter conversation I had recently:
DHorowitz107 (that’s me!): So how’s #ArkhamCity guys?
LaurenIsSoMosh: @DHorowitz107 Underrated, according to Yahoo!
DHorowitz107: @LaurenIsSoMosh huh, not according to the responses I’ve been getting!
LaurenIsSoMosh: @DHorowitz107 Underrated as in “everyone should be giving this game a 6/5! A perfect score is not good enough!”
So yeah, apparently it’s that good. Sadly, you’ll have to wait until November 30th to pick the game up for PC, a bit after Skyrim fever hits on 11/11/11, but if its the only option for your Batman needs, then its well worth the wait, especially given the surprisingly low requirements.
The following come from Steam’s requirements list for PC:
OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon X2 4800+
Memory: 2GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 17 GB
Video Card: ATI 3850HD 512 MB or NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook
- 10 Shaq Confident He Will Eventually Make Funny Quip on TNT