Why I Love the Foursquare Multi-Photo Check-in
Taking the Foursquare Photo Checkin to the Next Level
I’m a huge fan of the photo checkin on Foursquare. When I see a friend checkin somewhere interesting to me, I always leave a comment on that checkin saying “photo checkin pls” and I usually get one back.
The check-ins with the photos are the ones that stand out in the feed on the phone. And for that reason, I put a photo in almost every check-in I do. It just makes Foursquare so much richer.
But the killer move is the “multi photo check-in”. Not everyone knows this but you can add more photos to a check-in. If you just open that check-in on your phone, there is a camera button that allows you to add more photos.
When Christina went down to OccupyWallStreet, she did a twelve photo check-in, which I can’t seem to find on Foursquare right now or I’d link to it. It’s essentially a photo collage of her visit there. It is great. (update: Christina provided this link to her OWS visit in the comments.)
These multi photo check-ins remind me of the blog posts Gotham Gal does on her restaurant reviews. In fact Foursquare could make doing a restaurant review on a blog a piece of cake with a slick export check-in feature. Consider that a feature request, Alex and Dennis.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook