Lindsay Lohan and Anne Hathaway Are Like The Same Person
Anne Hathaway compared herself to Lindsay Lohan saying, “Lindsay Lohan and I have more in common than people think.” Does the star of the upcoming Dark Knight Rises actually empathize with the troubled starlet, or is she simply trying to get back in the news before her summer blockbuster?
While Lindsay Lohan is prepping for a comeback with her stint on Saturday Night Live (airing March 3rd) and an interview with Today’s Matt Lauer (that hopefully won’t be cancelled like the one in June 2011), Brooklyn jewelry saleswoman Anne Hathaway compares herself to the future E! reality star by noting, “We’ve all done things we shouldn’t. It is just that I did stuff at college when nobody knew about it, so I’m not a saint. I wasted time doing self-destructive things.” Hathaway does not seem to be referring to the two’s affinity for going topless—Lilo recently in Playboy and Hathaway in Love and Other Drugs—but rather their presumed love of cocaine and alcohol? Hathaway also attended Vassar College for a short time, meaning she is probably also somewhat familiar with the lesbian acts performed in Lilo’s relationship with Samantha Ronson.
Although some may say that Anne Hathaway is doing herself a disservice by comparing herself to the #1 Hot Mess in Hollywood at the moment, I would say that Hathaway is actually destroying Lohan’s sane credibility. For one, Lindsay Lohan never dated a con artist and didn’t bomb at the Oscars. (Although, I’m sure, if Lilo were given the chance, she would do both of these things.)
But why is Hathaway just now jumping into the Lohan foray, years and years into the celebrity disaster? The two actresses don’t seem to be friends or have contact with one another, and Lohan definitely doesn’t need anyone’s help in staying relevant. Maybe Hathaway is already gearing up marketing for her upcoming Batman sequel, The Dark Knight Rises, which is out this summer. Or maybe Hathaway is simply being nice; she definitely knows what it feels like to bomb a hosting gig, and Lohan could probably use all the help she can get.
Image via: topnews.in
More from Alex Hughes:
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook