‘Pan Am’ Crash Lands? ABC Says No
How many aviation puns can I work in?
Rumors have been flying today that ABC’s Pan Am is cancelled after Karine Vanasse, one of the stewardess stars, tweeted, “Well, we received THE call, #PanAm is only coming back for one more episode after Christmas. But up to the end, we’ll give it our all!”
This certainly makes it sound like Pan Am, ABC’s bid for a piece of the ’60′s nostalgia pie in the sky, is going down. This didn’t surprise anyone given that the show was conspicuously absent from ABC’s mid-season schedule. What was surprising was ABC’s quick response declaring Pan Am’s mayday a false alarm.
“Nothing has changed. We are not canceling Pan Am,” an ABC rep announced. “We are still in production and will continue to be in production finishing the original 13 episodes plus one more additional one. We have one more original episode this coming week, Dec. 4 and then will return in January with new episodes, airing all of them. Pan Am is still in contention for next season. We won’t know about that until our upfront announcement in May.”
If I were the Pan Am stewardesses, I would cash in my frequent flyer miles before May.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Amanda Bynes’s Behavior Revealed to Be Elaborate PSA
- 2 Obama Horrified by the Grammar in Our Emails
- 3 Monster Fart Prompting Management to Rethink “Open Office”
- 4 NSA Demanded Access To Un-Filtered Instagram Photos
- 5 Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Ambushed By Alan ‘The Paper’ Rubinstein
- 6 ‘Licensed to Kim Jong Il’ Records 27th Straight Year Atop N. Korean Charts
- 7 ‘A/S/L’ Most Asked Question At Kaplan Online University Reunion
- 8 Vice Magazine Now Only Hiring Writers Who Fail Drug Test
- 9 Stanley Cup Final One Blowout Away From “Boston Massacre” Headline Outrage