When is Easter Sunday 2011?
This year, 2011, Easter Sunday will fall on April 24th. Easter is a Christian holiday, honoring the resurrection of Jesus Christ, whom Christians believe is the Messiah and the son of God. According to the Bible, Jesus was resurrected 3 years after his death, which is marked by Good Friday. Christian scripture holds that Jesus was crucified in 33 AD.
Easter moves every year. Its date is calculated by determining the first Sunday after the full moon following the northern hemisphere’s vernal equinox. It can fall between March 22 and April 25.
The secular traditions connected to Easter are relatively contemporary. Children are told that an Easter bunny delivers candy, and Easter egg hunts are organized for groups.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook
- 10 Shaq Confident He Will Eventually Make Funny Quip on TNT