Are the Koch Brothers Trying to Put Mitt Romney in the White House?
Charles and David Koch – secretive billionaire businessmen brothers and Tea Party financiers – may be covertly (or not so covertly) orchestrating an anti-Obama campaign designed to put Mitt Romney and maybe even a Romney-Donald Trump ticket in the White House.
It may be a little tricky to tease out the knots and interwoven connections between the Koch brothers, Koch Industries, Romney, Trump, Tea Party activists, Koch-connected lobbyists, intelligence and military contractors, big banks, big business, and their anti-Obama, anti-democratic dirty tricks. But there are some compelling clues.
In 2012, a Romney-Trump ticket would merge the interests of the Bush-like corporate right (financed by the Koch empire) and the libertarian tea partiers (also financed by the Koch empire). Another Koch brother, William, is reported to be openly helping fundraise and supporting Romney for 2012, according to the NYTimes and other sources.
But here is where it begins to get really interesting: What do William Koch, Donald Trump, Andrew Card, a Chief of Staff for George W. Bush and a former Transportation Secretary, and Ron Kaufman, Card’s brother-in-law (who is also Mitt Romney’s closest lobbying buddy, the one who got him in deep water in 2008 when he fibbingly claimed he wasn’t beholden to lobbyists) all have in common?
They were all partners in an Indian gaming enterprise that put them all in bed together in the not so distant past. They merged their fortunes and interests then, and perhaps they are doing it again now? But this time their target would be bigger than casinos. It would be the White House.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook