‘Louie’ Recap (Season 3, Episode 4): “Daddy’s Girlfriend, Part 1″
Louis has been in a number of relationships in this show so far, all of which have either ended in disaster or been completely unreciprocated – most notably Pamela Adlon, who co-plotted this week’s episode, “Daddy’s Girlfriend, Part 1.” That’s right, part one: this is Louie’s first two-part episode, which means it’s going to be difficult to write anything interesting about this episode without knowing how everything is resolved until next week but I’ll try my best anyway.
The reason why Louis decides to go out of his comfort zone and start looking for love once again is his daughters. He’s taken them out for food and they mention their mother’s new “friend.” They then ask their father why he doesn’t have a girlfriend. Louis doesn’t know how to answer: why doesn’t he have a girlfriend? He’s had plenty of weird and freaky sex (basically every woman he’s hooked up with) but he hasn’t had a proper relationship with a woman in a while (and the closest he got was with Pamela, who only wanted to be friends). Pressured, Louis decides to go looking for love and finds a variety of possibilities.
The first woman he considers is comedian Maria Bamford. Maria agrees to meet up with Louis “around the corner” so no one can see the two going off together and then they have disappointing sex. When Louis brings up the idea of Maria coming to his house for dinner and meeting his daughters, Maria is disgusted and insults him. I don’t think Louis is going to find love with a comedian.
He next considers a number of teachers at his daughters’ school. He fantasizes about each of them and imagines one of them playing with his daughters. However, he’s put off when the teacher in his imagination tells him she only likes anal sex. It looks like teachers are out of the equation too.
Louis ends up in a bookstore where he immediately notices the episode’s second guest star, Parker Posey. He gets to know her after visiting the store multiple times and asking her for help on which books he should buy for his 10-year-old daughter. He eventually summons up the courage to ask her out on a date and despite stumbling through this, she agrees. Besides, she says, she doesn’t date people based on looks anyway. What’s this? A woman who Louis likes and actually likes him back? I’m pretty sure this can only end in disaster.
How successful will Louis’s date with Parker Posey be? The fact that Pamela Adlon was involved with this episode gives me a very ominous feeling. Louis hasn’t had a very good track record with women so far and I don’t think this is going to be any different. But we’ll have to wait until next week to see how it all plays out. I’ll see you then.
Image credit: FX
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook