‘The Walking Dead’ Recap (Season 2, Episode 7): “Pretty Much Dead Already”
Well, the mid-season finale of AMC’s The Walking Dead has come and gone, and for those fans who have anxiously been awaiting resolution, it’s payday at the race track. This season has been full of just about everything you can think of: drama, lost girls, sexual tension, sexual healing (no Marvin Gaye, though), babies, etc.
In fact, the only thing that was missing was, irone-cally, was the walking dead. Sure, viewers were treated to a few here and there, but mostly, people just argued, shared secrets, and looked for Sophia. Thank God for Hershel Green and his zombie team, and thank Shane for being such a wackjob.
Yup, Shane is at it again. Once Lori reveals that she’s with child , he immediately starts trying to be a good “dad” to Carl. It’s clear he still wants Rick’s wife, and now that he believes she’s preggers with his child, he tries to show her that he can be a much better provider and protector than Rick. I mean, this guy is going to be nominated for some kind of “works well with others” award. I’m sure the voting committee will award him special commendation for when he usurped Rick’s authority, broke open the barn, and proceeded to destroy every single walker in there, right in front of Hershel, and right after Rick and Hershel had made a critical agreement in which the group would have been allowed to stay at the farm. Still, it makes for dynamite television. The search for Sophia however, which has been a running plot for several episodes, does not.
Thankfully, it comes to a shocking end. When the smoke from the massacre has cleared, a lone walker emerges from the barn and lo and behold…it’s Sophia. It’s a great moment, because a) the group spent so much time looking for her and she was right under their nose, and b) it proves that Shane was right all along. Ouch. Rick, who has felt responsible for Sophia’s disappearance, takes it upon himself to kill her. I’m so glad that what grew to be such an uninteresting plot point ended in such a phenomenal way.
Glenn and Maggie also make out up in this episode after Glenn tells her that the reason he told everyone that there were walkers in the barn was because he remembered that the undead are dangerous, and he couldn’t bear the thought of Maggie being in danger ever again. The revelation brings Glenn a kiss, and they both lived happily ever after…or at least until Shane did his whole “kill the walkers” bit and ruined everything for everyone. I’m glad Glenn finally found somebody, but Maggie is actually really mean. She’s got this whole “I love him, I hate him” thing going on. Glenn doesn’t deserve it, but I guess horny desperate times call for desperate measures.
So that’s it until February, when the group will still be dysfunctional, Lori will still be pregnant, and the dead will still be walking. Oh yeah, and Shane will still be an ass. Check below for my predictions for the remaining half of the season!
The Walking Dead Predictions:
1. Shane’s had it. After what he’s done, there’s no way he’ll be allowed to stay.
2. Hershel offs himself, and I don’t blame him. Remember how easy life was until Rick and the rest of his clowns showed up? Everyone was much happier, and Otis was way less dead. This will also give Maggie more motivation to leave with everyone else.
3. Fort Benning will be secure, but it will turn them away. Undoubtedly, the people there will have heard that death and destruction follow the rag-tag bunch wherever they go. Why can’t they all just…get along?
More ‘The Walking Dead’ Recaps:
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 3 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 7 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook