Will Ferrell Joins ‘The Office’ Can It Get Any Worse?
Will Ferrell joined the cast of The Office. Still not going to watch that show. I’m a moderately big fan of Ricky Gervais’ British version. Why? It was tasteful. Yeah, Gervais’ character was over the top. But in all the right ways.
The American version of The Office proves something fundamental about America’s taste in comedy: If it’s over the top it’s funny. The Hangover and the HBO show Eastbound and Down are prime examples of how you can be tastelessly over the top, have no good jokes, and still be successful. Dane Cook? Carlos Mencia? Seriously?
But Ferrell will be no match for the most annoying character ever to grace a television screen: Dwight. The skinny weird guy on the British Office was pretty great. Dwight? His lines make me want to take a piss on the guys that wrote them.
The key to the British Office was it lasted two seasons and one special. The American one is still going on. But I guess that’s America: Excessive portions, and poor ingredients.
Dear Readers, I moved to the Fame Hype section. Hope to see you there.
More FasterTV Updates:
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 3 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 4 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 7 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 8 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 9 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Strartup
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook