Steven Tyler’s Creepy Comments to Underage Girls on American Idol
Apparently, the theme of Season 10 of American Idol is pedophilia. I guess that’s better for the ratings than wholesome American dreams and acne-clad virgins singing in ugly hats, but I’m a little disturbed.
I watched the show for the first time in 8 years because I was contributing to a liveblog with Faster TV writer Sam Deutsch, who seems reasonably traumatized as the show comes to a close. Every time a high school sophomore or junior would step up and sing and was attractive, Steven Tyler would make an incredibly creepy comment. Sample exchange to a sweet 16-year-old southern belle girl, Victoria:
J-Lo: I love that skirt.
Steven Tyler (purses lips, leans forward): Just…the right (pauses) amount showing.
I know the age of consent is 16 in New Jersey, but there’s a statute that makes it illegal if the partner is 21 or over, which Steven Tyler, despite all surgery, definitely is. I suppose the rules might be different in California, but the age of consent is 17 last I checked. I guess Steven Tyler better hope they hit some birthdays in the next few days.
But seriously: what the hell? Why did the Idol producers decide to show all the clips of Tyler hitting on young girls? Are they hoping for controversy? Do the producers feel the strange need to lower the age of consent? I put the under/over for amount of contestants Steven Tyler sleeps with at 46. I’ll probably take the over.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook