Don’t Travel to Sea World
I don’t have much more to say, except that in addition to promoting animals in captivity Sea World now blames the recent orca trainer attack on the trainer and her ponytail!
Or so says Earth Island Institute:
SeaWorld is blaming the victim — their trainer who let her ponytail swing into the water — while the real negligence lies with them. They knew the whale Tilicum had a history of attacks against people, but they chose profit over the safety of whales and people.
It is time for a federal investigation of their actions, and time to force them to return orcas to the wild and stop the cover-up. We know this can be done, because we have done it with Keiko, the whale from Free Willy.
As Ric O’Barry states well in The Cove, “Don’t Buy A Ticket”! Join our petition against the cruel captivity industry at: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/5/stop-dolphin-captivity
Check out our call for a federal investigation at:http://apps.facebook.com/causes/331088/80397156?m=621bc82a
UPDATE: Despite morbid curiosities, you should also abstain from trying to find footage of this event. Mashable says that many sites advertising footage are just going to hit your computer with malware.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook