Mayor Villaraigosa Likes His Thai Massage
Ever wonder what the mayor of Los Angeles does on Sunday afternoons? Well, yesterday he was getting a massage at Thai Sabai in Hollywood. We were told he was there with a date, we assume gal pal Lu Parker, TV journo and LA Times blogger.
LAPD burst into the massage parlor yesterday afternoon, announcing that the mayor had an appointment at 4 p.m. and asked the surprised workers if they had a back entrance. Well, the Thai masseuses really didn’t quite understand what was going on, we’re told, so the back entrance was probably unnecessary. (I mean, when LAPD comes into a massage parlor asking about a back entrance, the conversation could really go several different ways, no?) The mayor and his date came in and went in for their massage. Sorry no pics or tweets, but when you go to Thai Sabai, they give you an outfit to wear during your massage and it being Thai, it’s practically a mini-workout with stretches, etc. Would love to see that on a blog.
Maybe Parker will tweet about it. After all, it was only Friday that she updated us with:
Great workout today at the gym. It’s amazing what our bodies are capable of if we challenge ourselves.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook
- 10 Shaq Confident He Will Eventually Make Funny Quip on TNT