Restauranteur with Entertainment Industry Ties Held in Death of Unborn Child – Police
The scion of a prominent Chicago family who runs hyped restaurants in Los Angeles, Miami and New York was arrested over the weekend for slaying an unborn child, who police say was his. Joshua Woodward, 37, was charged early Sunday after flying back to LA on Saturday, sources with knowledge of the situation said. Here’s the language from the Los Angeles Police Department press release:
“On October 19, 2009, the Los Angeles Police Department completed an Injury Report to capture the suspicious circumstances of a miscarriage. The miscarriage occurred in approximately the thirteenth week of gestation. Joshua Woodward is believed to have been the biological father of the baby.
Wilshire Area Homicide investigators established probable cause to arrest Woodward in connection with the death of the unborn baby. At about 3:15 a.m. this morning, Woodward was arrested in the 3600 Block of West 3rd Street without incident. Woodward was booked at the Wilshire Jail for Penal Code Section 187 – Murder, where he is currently held in lieu of $2 million bail.”
Charges will be present to the District Attorney’s office on Tuesday. Woodward is a partner or owner of the company that owns the Table 8 restaurants which includes the burger joint 8 oz. on Melrose Avenue in Los Angeles, Table 8 at the Cooper Square Hotel in New York, and Table 8 in South Beach. According to Woodward’s imdb.com profile, his company also owns Rokbar with partners Tommy Lee and musician Dave Navarro and L Scorpion Hollywood with actress Kristen Bell.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook
- 10 Shaq Confident He Will Eventually Make Funny Quip on TNT