This Las Vegas Judge Rules
When parents at a local high school tried to stop student productions of Rent and The Laramie Project, District Court judge David Wall denied a request for a preliminary injunction, ruling that no irreparable harm would occur if the shows went on.
It’s easy to understand why parents wanted to stop the shows. One day the kids are doing Rent, the next they discover La Boheme, and then before you know it, they’re seriously into opera. After that, who knows? String quartets?? And Laramie? It’s a documentary!! What next? The History Channel??
It’s a slippery slope, let me tell you.
Visit Theater Talk on Facebook
Read Davi Napoleon on theater design and technology at Live Design.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Amanda Bynes’s Behavior Revealed to Be Elaborate PSA
- 2 Obama Horrified by the Grammar in Our Emails
- 3 Monster Fart Prompting Management to Rethink “Open Office”
- 4 NSA Demanded Access To Un-Filtered Instagram Photos
- 5 Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Ambushed By Alan ‘The Paper’ Rubinstein
- 6 ‘Licensed to Kim Jong Il’ Records 27th Straight Year Atop N. Korean Charts
- 7 ‘A/S/L’ Most Asked Question At Kaplan Online University Reunion
- 8 Vice Magazine Now Only Hiring Writers Who Fail Drug Test
- 9 Stanley Cup Final One Blowout Away From “Boston Massacre” Headline Outrage