The Kindle Fire’s Superior 4G
Today, Amazon announced the highly-anticipated release of the new Kindle lineup, most notably the Kindle Fire HD 8.9” 4G. In a release statement on the Amazon homepage, CEO Jeff Bezos boasts excitedly that the new Fire HD with 4G “isn’t just the best tablet for the price, it’s the best tablet.”
Indeed, the quarterback of the new lineup has been stocked with the usual Kindle features: large screen HD with 8.9” display, Dolby audio, dual stereo speakers, “the fastest Wi-Fi,” 4G LTE wireless, and a one-year 4G data package for $49.99. The Kindle Fire’s glory doesn’t just rest on what it can do—it lies in the shiny new hardware and blinding speed.
Amazon has some more budget-friendly alternatives available– the Kindle Fire HD 8.9”, a Wi-Fi only model with no 4G, rings up at $299; the Kindle Fire HD, the smaller, “world’s most-advanced 7-inch” tablet,” is only $199.
The upcoming holiday season bears tidings of the new e-readers: the Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Paperwhite 3G. As the sleek name implies, these e-readers show off higher contrast and 62% more pixels, with a built-in front light for easy reading everywhere (by Michelle Branch). The Kindle Paperwhite starts at $119, and the Kindle Paperwhite 3G at $179.
If you’re feeling nostalgic, the standard Kindle (the lightest and smallest e-reader) has been re-released, and updated with improved fonts and faster page turns. This Kindle starts at only $69.
The classic standard Kindle may be available for shipment now, but all Fires and Paperwhites are currently only available for pre-order. They’ll certainly arrive in time for the holidays; the Fire HD 8.9” and HD 8.9” 3G (the real money makers), are expected to ship November 20th. This is big news from Amazon, whose branding of the Kindle Fire as “the best tablet,” is perhaps the most straightforward way of earning that reputation.
Come winter, will you be curling up to the Fire?
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook
- 10 Shaq Confident He Will Eventually Make Funny Quip on TNT