Being A Man Has No Bearing On Whether Or Not To Buy Marvel
The above-pictured image has been floating around the Internet for a bit now, and features the likeness of Sean Penn, Justin Timberlake and Ashton Kutcher allegedly protesting the treatment of Marvel artists. Marvel has never exactly had a spotless record in dealing with artist compensation, particularly in the recent case of Ghost Rider co-creator Gary Fredrich. Back in 2007, Fredrich sued Marvel over copyright and compensation claims to the Ghost Rider character. Rather than be cut in on any of the Ghost Rider royalties to Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, Marvel instead showed a vengeful streak of their own, filing a counter-suit against Fredrich, retaining the rights to the Ghost Rider character and charging him $17,000 for damage, which is quite a bit for a man like Fredrich who qualifies for destitute status.
As a result of this and other poor treatment of artists by Marvel, many assumed that the three A-list celebrities were coming out in protest of Marvel. However, as pictured below, the three stars actually were coming out against the buying of girls, which, a far as I’m aware, has little or nothing to do with the plight of Marvel artists.
If you think about it, the Internet hoax, stimulated by a masterful Photoshop job, makes a lot of sense. Three A-list actors, who make million for everything they work on, are unlikely to come out in favor of the working creative man. Rather, they chose to latch on to a pertinent social issue that their status as creatives in the highly competitive field of entertainment has no bearing on, as three men who are likely more accustomed to getting laid than Zeus himself could not possibly likely the psychology behind frequenting prostitutes.
A part of me is disappointed that it isn’t real, but then again, celebrities will always have their causes. Jut protecting their creative own will never be one of them.
More Faster Technology:
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook
- 10 Shaq Confident He Will Eventually Make Funny Quip on TNT