NYC SOPA/PIPA Protest: Signs and Scenes From the 2,000-Strong Crowd
At lunch, the Faster crew hopped over to the 48th and 3rd to join the rest of the New York Tech Community in protesting the insane and extremely dangerous SOPA/PIPA legislation outside of the officers of NY Senators Chuck Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand. Here are some signs and scenes, courtesy of my mediocre camera phone (Disclaimer: I got a C in Photography in High School):
What would a NYC protest be without a Seinfeld pun?
The police’s main occupation was helping confused people who worked in the senators’ building find their way back in. A few were very indignant that they had to walk an extra 20 feet around the barricade.
There were dozens of copies of this sign scattered amongst the crowd. Senators Schumer and Gillibrand both took their phones off the hook because they’re receiving so many calls, but let’s hope that they at least peaked out the window.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook