“The Elf Love Project” Provides Personalized Holiday Cheer Through Twitter
“The Elf Love Project” uses Twitter to create technologically-savvy, personalized holiday fun.
While the holidays often seemed centered on the under-twelve set, the new “Elf Love Project,” coming to you from Euro RSCG Worldwide, Socialistic, and the Philter Phactory, ensures that adults aren’t left out of the festivities this season. This new initiative allows Twitter users to request “elves” that will provide them with personalized holiday cheer!
These elves don’t live at the North Pole; instead, they are a unique combination of human writers and digital code. This creative technology – a world first for a social media campaign – uses a predetermined digital narrative that the elves follow as they interact with participants on a highly personalized level.
After a human greeter elf notifies the lucky person that they will receive special attention for the day, a crew of digital elves named Dazzle, Crankle and Dots come to life. After investigating the participant’s social media profile to understand them, the elves will use a combination of the Hunch API and narrative algorithms to create customized content. The elves might provide original blog posts, songs, posters, and recipes for the participant, connect the Tweeter to others receiving elvish holiday cheer, help track celebrity check-ins on Foursquare, or give charitable donations on behalf of the participant. Simply put, if you’re image of Santa’s helpers involves short men in green pointed hats hammering together wooden toys, you’re in for a treat. These technologically-savvy elves are firmly planted in the 21st century.
When the participant decides that Santa’s helpers have fully carried out their holiday duties, a simple “shoo” @reply, or the click of a button on www.elflove.com, will send them away as they wish the Tweeter a “Happy Holiday.”
“The Elf Love Project” is brought to you by Euro RSCG Worldwide, written and designed by Socialistic and built by Philter Phactory.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook