iPhone 4 Explodes on Flight
Will the iPhone be the next banned item on airplanes? An Apple iPhone 4 began to emit smoke and a red glow on an Australian flight, forcing a flight attendant to extinguish the device and scaring every future airplane passenger into looking at their iPhone with a hint of concern.
Siri was either sick of having to tell jokes and answer stupid questions for its owner or is actually the first ever robot terrorist, because a passenger’s iPhone 4 began to emit “a significant amount of dense smoke, accompanied by a red glow” according to a press release by the flight’s carrier, Regional Express.
The potentially dangerous occurrence happened while the plane was descending into landing and may be the phone’s newest response to passengers’ unwillingness to shut down phones during takeoff and landing.
The actual cause of the incident is unknown and other isolated incidents of iPhone explosions occurred in 2009, even causing the French government to launch an investigation.
The phone was given to the Australian Transport Safety Bureau upon landing.
image via: tipb.com
More from Alex Hughes:
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 3 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 4 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 7 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 8 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook