Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC To Feature New Boss Battle
And no, this one won’t be outsourced.
When it hit the internet earlier this week that the boss fights in Deus Ex: Human Revolution were not created by developer Edios Monetreal but rather by virtually unknown studio Grip Entertainment, gamers cried afoul. The boss battles were already noted in reviews as a weak point in the title, and as a result this uncovering wasn’t exactly surprising, but it did send shockwaves of anger throughout the gaming community.
That is likely why in the upcoming Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC titled ‘Missing Link’– a five hour package that will have protagonist Adam Jensen stripped of his augmentations while stranded on a boat– Edios Montreal has guaranteed that they will create an in-house boss battle created specifically for the package.
Speaking to Eurogamer, Eidos Montreal production coordinator Marc-Andre Dufort assured gamers that the boss battle in ‘Missing Link’ will be “different,” and assured that it will be created in-house.
This is definitely a good way for Edios Montreal to save some face, although if you really think about it, this case does beg a larger question: How much in-game content is outsourced by developers, and if so, to what end?
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 3 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 4 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 7 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 8 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook