Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC To Feature New Boss Battle
And no, this one won’t be outsourced.
When it hit the internet earlier this week that the boss fights in Deus Ex: Human Revolution were not created by developer Edios Monetreal but rather by virtually unknown studio Grip Entertainment, gamers cried afoul. The boss battles were already noted in reviews as a weak point in the title, and as a result this uncovering wasn’t exactly surprising, but it did send shockwaves of anger throughout the gaming community.
That is likely why in the upcoming Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC titled ‘Missing Link’– a five hour package that will have protagonist Adam Jensen stripped of his augmentations while stranded on a boat– Edios Montreal has guaranteed that they will create an in-house boss battle created specifically for the package.
Speaking to Eurogamer, Eidos Montreal production coordinator Marc-Andre Dufort assured gamers that the boss battle in ‘Missing Link’ will be “different,” and assured that it will be created in-house.
This is definitely a good way for Edios Montreal to save some face, although if you really think about it, this case does beg a larger question: How much in-game content is outsourced by developers, and if so, to what end?
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Amanda Bynes’s Behavior Revealed to Be Elaborate PSA
- 2 Obama Horrified by the Grammar in Our Emails
- 3 Monster Fart Prompting Management to Rethink “Open Office”
- 4 NSA Demanded Access To Un-Filtered Instagram Photos
- 5 Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Ambushed By Alan ‘The Paper’ Rubinstein
- 6 ‘Licensed to Kim Jong Il’ Records 27th Straight Year Atop N. Korean Charts
- 7 Vice Magazine Now Only Hiring Writers Who Fail Drug Test
- 8 Henry Cavill to be Replaced by Stack of Pancakes in “Man of Steel” Sequel
- 9 Taco Bell Now Just Dumping Bags of Doritos Into Everything On Menu
- 10 Stanley Cup Final One Blowout Away From “Boston Massacre” Headline Outrage