Nintendo to Lower Wii Price to $150 – Starts May 15th and Includes Free Copy of Mario Kart
Hot on the heels of the company’s announcement that a Wii follow-up was forthcoming, Nintendo has also announced that they are dropping the price of the original Wii by a full $50. The Wii will now cost $150, down from $200.
That is not all that is changing, however. The bundle itself will also include a pristine copy of perennial favorite Mario Kart Wii along with a Wii Wheel attachment.
Additionally, the company has also announced they will be re-releasing a handful of titles to launch at the same time as the price cut. These ‘Nintendo Selects’ titles will sell for $19.99. There are just five to be available as of this writing: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Animal Crossing: City Folk, Wii Sports and Mario Super Sluggers. What, no Super Mario Galaxy guys? That game is like three years old.
To those of you hankering to buy a Wii right now, the price cut doesn’t take affect until May 15th. Best to hold off a week or so before showing your grandparents what for in Wii Sports.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook
- 10 Shaq Confident He Will Eventually Make Funny Quip on TNT