Nintendo Confirms Wii 2 Rumors – Says System Will Be Playable in June
The Internet has been abuzz the past week with rumors and speculation regarding Nintendo’s purported follow-up to the Wii. Well, purport no longer. The house that Mario built has issued a statement on all of the hullabaloo.
“We will show a playable model of the new system and announce more specifications at the E3 Expo, which will be held from June 7-9, 2011, in Los Angeles” the company’s statement read.
Nintendo reps have also indicated that the system will be fully playable by all who attend the conference, and not just behind closed doors for select members of the press.
The statement went on to say the still unnamed Wii successor will go on sale in 2012.
The company, however, did not shine on any light on the system’s specs or what the mystical innovating component will be. Company president Satoru Iwata did tease this innovation by saying “We would like to propose a new approach to home video game consoles.”
All will be revealed in June, it seems. I guess it’s time to buy some plane tickets to Los Angeles.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook