Nintendo Confirms Wii 2 Rumors – Says System Will Be Playable in June
The Internet has been abuzz the past week with rumors and speculation regarding Nintendo’s purported follow-up to the Wii. Well, purport no longer. The house that Mario built has issued a statement on all of the hullabaloo.
“We will show a playable model of the new system and announce more specifications at the E3 Expo, which will be held from June 7-9, 2011, in Los Angeles” the company’s statement read.
Nintendo reps have also indicated that the system will be fully playable by all who attend the conference, and not just behind closed doors for select members of the press.
The statement went on to say the still unnamed Wii successor will go on sale in 2012.
The company, however, did not shine on any light on the system’s specs or what the mystical innovating component will be. Company president Satoru Iwata did tease this innovation by saying “We would like to propose a new approach to home video game consoles.”
All will be revealed in June, it seems. I guess it’s time to buy some plane tickets to Los Angeles.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Amanda Bynes’s Behavior Revealed to Be Elaborate PSA
- 2 Obama Horrified by the Grammar in Our Emails
- 3 Incidental Boob Graze Redeems Trust Fall Exercise
- 4 Monster Fart Prompting Management to Rethink “Open Office”
- 5 NSA Demanded Access To Un-Filtered Instagram Photos
- 6 Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Ambushed By Alan ‘The Paper’ Rubinstein
- 7 Local Bully: Gay Boy Scouts a Dream Come True
- 8 ‘Licensed to Kim Jong Il’ Records 27th Straight Year Atop N. Korean Charts
- 9 ‘A/S/L’ Most Asked Question At Kaplan Online University Reunion
- 10 Stanley Cup Final One Blowout Away From “Boston Massacre” Headline Outrage