‘Duke Nukem Forever’ Delayed
Gearbox delays it’s revival of the shooter 14 years in development. World continues to turn.
Duke Nukem Forever has been something of a unicorn in the gaming community. First announced in 1997, the game’s development has been pushed back… and then pushed back again. It seems the game had been taking too long, and by the time it might look as though it were ready… the developer realized it would look dated compared to other games on the market. Rather than simply pushing back the release dates, the game’s original studio, 3D Realms, adopted a “when it’s done” philosophy that eventually destroyed the company in 2009 when it succumbed to financial woes and lawsuits. All seemed lost for a game that became legendary for never seeing the light of day.
Then, 2K and Gearbox (Brothers in Arms, Borderlands) announced they had acquired the game and had continued development for the PC, X-Box 360, and Playstation 3. They set a release date of May 3rd, stunning people with how close this phantom project was to completion.
And today we got a special youtube video from Gearbox.
Luckily, it only seems to be for about a month… for now. So, you’ll have to wait until June 14th for spanking strippers, blowing up monsters, and sprouting bad one liners. Or… you could just go out and do that yourself. But hey, at least Gearbox had a sense of humor about it.
Aaron also writes reviews and editorials on his site Media Rushes.
More Faster Tech:
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook