Weirdest. Delivery. Ever.
At around 5pm today two women who looked like professional models showed up at the Hunch office. They had a delivery and said “we don’t know who this is from but it’s someone who likes the Taste Graph.” Presumably this is an allusion to the taste graph we’ve built at Hunch and that I’ve talked about in various talks about graphs.
They hurried away without saying anything more. In the box was a left worn Prada shoe:
A right shoe from Nike:
A USB drive containing the Dave Matthew’s song “you might die trying”:
Three books that were shut with magnets that made them almost impossible to open and mostly destroyed them once we did. The books were Guns, Germs and Steel; All The Money in The World; and The Grand Design:
Finally, there was an invitation to a fancy restaurant with the inviting people being two stars from Terminator 2:
Notice who it is from! I tried calling the restaurant but no one answered.
Reminder that John Connor in T2 is the future leader of human rebels:
And Miles Dyson is a computer scientist who sacrifices himself to save humanity:
Now I see at least three possible explanations for this very strange delivery today:
1) it’s some company trying to pull a gig to raise money since they know I am a small-time investor
2) it’s some kind of weird practical joke
3) Although Hunch’s technology is only semi-sophisticated today, it will become so sophisticated in the future that people in, say, 2050 will feel compelled to go back in time and reward/punish us.
At any rate, I hereby proclaim today the day for time travelers to bring it on. If this blog post gets picked up by bigger blogs or even newspapers then I hope in the future they will remember to read those and know that April 4, 2011 was the day to make it happen.
I’m talking to you future robot motherf—ers who send weird deliveries.
First posted at @cdxon.org
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 3 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 4 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 5 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 6 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 7 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 8 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 9 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Strartup
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook