Let Jon “Bones” Jones make your Saturday Super, too
Before you immerse yourself in the Aaron Rodgers vs. Big Ben throwdown (I’ve decided that I’m rooting for Rodgers mainly because of his awesome pro wrestling style “I’m the champ!” celebration, and also because a win would mean he vanquished a dog killer, a twice-accused rapist and an in-general douchebag in consecutive rounds), there’s another sporting event that commands your attention this Saturday night.
Do yourself a favor. If you watch nothing else on this list, bring yourself down to a Buffalo Wild Wings or anywhere that shows the UFC events, or get a bunch of your friends and do a fight night … but you need to watch Jon “Bones” Jones fight Ryan Bader at UFC 126 this Saturday night.
You just have to trust me. This is the guy you want to see.
There are a lot of UFC fights that, unless you have a true appreciation of the sport, can be pretty boring affairs to watch. Grappling, mat work, positioning, “Octagon Control” … yeah, anyway, this is not that guy.
It’s THIS guy.
In short: this dude will fuck you up.
This is a hype train worthy of its tracks.
His move set, in part, was (legitimately) inspired by YouTube videos. He’s the create-a-fighter that you gave all of your game’s most badass moves to. Spinning back elbows. Back suplexes straight off of Monday Night RAW. Once he gets his hooks into you, HE WILL MAUL YOU.
In his only loss, he DEVOURED THE VERY SOUL of a deaf man (see above video). Matt Hamill, in fact, who isn’t a poor fighter at all. But Jones essentially beat him up so badly, the referee disqualified him for using an illegal manuever … again, it’s like one of those funky reversed decisions they make on RAW to whip the crowd into a frenzy. So impressive was Jones that it may be the only instance where a guy lost a fight and moved UP the card.
He’s flashy. He’s mesmerizing. He’s creative. He’s devastating. In short, he’s everything the sport needs.
Jon Jones isn’t a wet blanket like Rashad Evans, nor is he the technician that Georges St. Pierre is. He’s not about brutal efficiency. He’s about brutality. Period.
Ryan Bader’s a good prospect. He’s also just another victim. And you need a front row seat.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Amanda Bynes’s Behavior Revealed to Be Elaborate PSA
- 2 Obama Horrified by the Grammar in Our Emails
- 3 Incidental Boob Graze Redeems Trust Fall Exercise
- 4 Monster Fart Prompting Management to Rethink “Open Office”
- 5 NSA Demanded Access To Un-Filtered Instagram Photos
- 6 Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Ambushed By Alan ‘The Paper’ Rubinstein
- 7 Local Bully: Gay Boy Scouts a Dream Come True
- 8 ‘Licensed to Kim Jong Il’ Records 27th Straight Year Atop N. Korean Charts
- 9 ‘A/S/L’ Most Asked Question At Kaplan Online University Reunion
- 10 Stanley Cup Final One Blowout Away From “Boston Massacre” Headline Outrage