Oregon vs. Auburn for the National Title! Mid-January? Eleven Reasons to Cancel
Thirty-seven days. That’s how long it will have been since the Oregon and Auburn football teams last played when they step on the field for Monday night’s national championship game. College football in mid-January? Talk about a buzz kill.
Here are 11 reasons to cancel the 2011 Tostitos BCS national championship game:
1. An impatient NCAA has declared that both teams’ seniors have no eligibility left.
2. The Oregon offense, which waits for nothing, has already scored five TDs to put the game out of reach.
3. Auburn’s Cam Newton has enough money to last him until the NFL draft.
4. TCU leapfrogged both teams in this week’s BCS rankings.
5. The stadium has to be readied for baseball season.
7. At this point, even the Tostitos are past their “sell by” date.
6. The BCS has been flagged for so many delay-of-game penalties over the past month that it would take all night to clear the field of yellow hankies.
7. NFL commissioner Roger Goddell, practicing for later, has locked out all the players.
8. It’s been so long since either team has played football. So you just run toward that end zone and you get how many points?
9. After Sunday’s Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl between Nevada and Boston College, all the drama is gone.
10. We’re so close to the kickoff of the 2011 season. Why bother?
Follow Sports Pulse on Twitter
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook