Tucker Carlson Should Be Executed, not Michael Vick
I think, personally, that Tucker Carlson should have been executed for wearing those pompous bow ties. I know, I know, the conservative TV blabber no longer wears them, at least not all the time, and I’m all for forgiveness. But some things are beyond the bounds of what should be accepted in a civilized society. And wearing bow ties is one such offense.
No, of course, I don’t believe that. You’re safe, Mr. Carlson. (And Louis Farrakhan and Pee-Wee Herman and the Cat in the Hat.) I was just making a ridiculous point to match the ridiculous one Carlson made Tuesday night on some Fox News panel show I happened to miss. Lucky for me, there are brave people keeping tabs on what’s being said on that fair and balanced cable network.
Carlson’s diatribe came while he was criticizing President Obama (shocking!) for reportedly thanking Philadelphia Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie for giving a second chance to Michael Vick, who joined the Eagles last season after spending two years in prison for his role in an illegal dog fighting operation. Carlson said: “Now I’m a Christian, I make mistakes myself, and I believe fervently in second chances. But Michael Vick killed dogs, and he did in a heartless and cruel way, and I think personally he should have been executed.”
Now, I’m no Vick fan, especially ever since he became an Eagle … and especially after he led Philly to a monumental comeback from a 31-10 deficit with 8 minutes left to deflate my favorite team’s season two weekends ago. The only thing worse than joining Philly, in the eyes of this Giants fan, would have been if Vick had become a Cowboy. But as much bodily harm I wish on him when Justin Tuck is closing in on him, Vick should no sooner be executed than Carlson should.
Even after Tucker spewed this nonsense:
Am I cynical to believe that if Obama had made a bitingly critical remark about Vick, Tucker Carlson would have come to the quarterback’s defense like a big fullback blocking a blitzing inebacker?
Follow Sports Pulse on Twitter
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook