Rex Ryan’s Fetish: So the Foot He’s Always Sticking in his Mouth Isn’t His Own?
Early in the season, much of our J-E-T-S talk centered on hands — the allegedly unsteady ones of receiver Braylon Edwards (whose hands are a question mark on the field even in the best of times) after he was arrested on a drunk driving charge in Manhattan, a place where there are only around 2 million cabs roaming the streets looking for fares.
Then our focus moved down to an ass — the one in tight jeans that Jets players allegedly couldn’t get enough of ogling at practice, leading to allegations that they’d harassed reporter Ines Sainz of the Mexican TV network Azteca.
A couple of weeks ago the Jets-related body part everyone was talking about was a knee — the one stuck out by strength and conditioning coach Sal Alosi to trip up Dolphins kick coverage man Nolan Carroll along the sideline, one of the most outrageously unsportsmanlike acts in sports history.
Now we’ve moved all the way down to a pair of feet — specifically the sleek, sexy ones of Michelle Ryan, wife of Jets head coach Rex Ryan. A story on the always entertaining and often news-breaking sports site Deadspin.com reported that a woman resembling Ryan — Michelle, that is — has been posting foot-fetish videos online, with one of them narrated by a cameraman who sounds an awful lot like Rex.
Naturally, the sports media pounced on this on Tuesday during Ryan’s weekly conference call with reporters. They didn’t get a denial. “I know you need to ask,” Rex said. “It’s a personal matter.” He made no further comment. A miracle, considering who was talking.
Now, to be clear, Sports Pulse passes no judgment on the Ryans, if indeed they are foot fetishists. Whatever floats your boat in the bedroom is between you, your lover and your podiatrist. (Although if this were Rex’s chubby, scaly feet we were talking about, the reaction would be a disapproving ewwww.) And I doubt that this will turn into a distraction on the field for the Jets, who’ve not exactly been operating in a cloistered monastery during the Ryan era. But it’s just the latest example of the sports world, once an escape from the cruel realities of everyday life, melding into the big, crazy world we live in.
And somewhere in a cloistered monastery in snowy New England, Bill Bellichick has paused the video machine for just a second to chuckle under his breath, “Videogate, my ass.”
Follow Sports Pulse on Twitter
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Amanda Bynes’s Behavior Revealed to Be Elaborate PSA
- 2 Obama Horrified by the Grammar in Our Emails
- 3 Monster Fart Prompting Management to Rethink “Open Office”
- 4 NSA Demanded Access To Un-Filtered Instagram Photos
- 5 Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Ambushed By Alan ‘The Paper’ Rubinstein
- 6 Henry Cavill to be Replaced by Stack of Pancakes in “Man of Steel” Sequel
- 7 Vice Magazine Now Only Hiring Writers Who Fail Drug Test
- 8 ‘Licensed to Kim Jong Il’ Records 27th Straight Year Atop N. Korean Charts
- 9 Taco Bell Now Just Dumping Bags of Doritos Into Everything On Menu
- 10 Stanley Cup Final One Blowout Away From “Boston Massacre” Headline Outrage