MLB Picks Monday 7/16: Kevin Youkilis Returns to the Red Sox
MLB Picks and Predictions, Monday 7/16: Kevin Youkilis returns to the Boston Red Sox as Chicago White Sox hero, Reds Dbacks, Pirates Rockies, Orioles Twins
Our progressions opened the second half of the season on fire. We had two bets reach B bet status, where we were able to chase our system to profits. The Philadelphia Phillies and Washington Nationals both came through on larger wagers. The White Sox won their series against the lowly Royals, the Rangers handled business against the Mariners, and the other six progressions won on our first bets. Below are the profits from the second half:
ABC: 8-0, 9.6 units
AA: 0-0-2 0 units
Single: 1-3 -3.2 units
O/U: 3-1 +1.8 units
-1.5: 0-2 -2 units
We’re up 6.2 units on the second half of the season
3 units on Pirates ML +110
I think the Pirates are legitimate contenders. If that’s the case, they need a statement win in a series against the slumping Rockies. The Rockies are an inferior opponent and I’m confident the Pirates win at least one game here. It’s a perfect opportunity for a system bet on the Pittsburgh Pirates, expecting them to bounce back as they chase the playoffs.
3 units on Orioles ML at +115
I like the Orioles against the Twins, who are on a lengthy skid. The Baltimore Orioles have a strong lineup and should be able to feast on the Twins here. If not, the Twins bats are so weak that the Orioles should be able to control the game even if they aren’t hitting. I think the O’s are the better team across the board here, and if they want to compete in the AL East they need to win these series every time. If the Orioles are for real, they’ll win big here on the road.
2 units on Reds ML at -140
Reasonable value on a hot team in Cincy, but their bats have gone cold so my confidence is a bit faded – even against the lowly Diamondbacks.
1 unit on CWS ML +125
I like the idea of Kevin Youkilis coming back to Boston and leading his White Sox to victory. The Red Sox are a talented team, sleeping through the season, and I fear they might wake up here. Small system bet here, but this is certainly a riskier series. I just can’t pass on this kind of value. Look for Kevin Youkilis to stay hot, and the Red Sox to continue to stumble a bit.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook