Tony Parker; Celebrity Beef Jeopardizes 2012 Olympics
Tony Parker took some shrapnel in his cornea when he found himself in between the simmering machismo of Chris Brown and Drake in a New York night club. Apparently, during the scuffle betwixt the dueling paramours, Parker took some chunks of a beer bottle to the eye.
“The cornea has been touched. I can’t do anything for seven days … But I was lucky. The injury won’t prevent me from competing the Olympics in any way,” Parker said.
Lucky indeed. I have been asking the same question since I used to see Charles Barkley* dancing with the chicks in cages at Crystal Nightclub on a regular basis in Houston in the late 90s: Why is a guy with 50 mil minimum in the bank in a place that any smhuck with an ID and money for cover can get into?And now that I am older, I wonder how it could be that any man over 30 has not yet figured out that nothing good happens in the streets after midnight.
I have not yet seen the night out worth jeopardizing a multimillion dollar career on. But then, I am not a VIP.
*Great man, regardless…the Muhammad Ali of our generation ( our generation is a bit watered down, admittedly.)
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook