The Carmelo Anthony Redemption Project; Produced by Jeremy Lin
Jeremy Lin Offers Carmelo Anthony a second chance
It is very rare for a superstar athlete to get a clean slate in year nine of their pro career, especially when coming off of an injury. Granted, it’s not as rare as having a Harvard graduate take over the team during their recovery, but it is pretty damn rare. A lot of people are wondering if Anthony can co-exist with Lin, who seems to be in on ever possession in some way, shape or form. But these people are asking the wrong question. The real question is whether or not Carmelo Anthony recognizes this is the chance to turn his career around.
Very few MAX level NBA players are dealt a third star to work with out of the blue, but that seems to be what has happened in New York. No lobbying for a trade. No recruiting a high profile free agent. A possible elite PG just fell out of the basketball gods’ asses and into Carmelo’s lap. Hopefully, he is nothing but grateful.
People ask if Lin cankeep up his current pace. If Anthony does his job, he shoudn’t have to. Of course, that might be a problem. Carmelo is not exactly known as the consummate professional.
This is his chance to change that. He needs to welcome Jeremy Lin with open arms and hold on tight to the only chance he has to turn things around in New York and his career. Any petty jealousies or motivations not related to winning a championship need to be pushed aside like Carmelo on a pick and roll.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 3 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 4 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 5 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 6 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 7 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 8 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 9 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Strartup
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook