Nets bag Deron Williams
The deal between the Nets and the Utah Jazz for Deron Williams has been finalized, sending point guard Williams to New Jersey in exchange for Derrick Favors, Devin Harris, and possibly some of New Jersey’s 1st round picks. A third team may be included.
What a deal, and what an amazing job by the Nets front office staff. They have effectively hurt their biggest competition in New York by driving up the price of Carmelo Anthony, while quietly brokering a deal giving less for a better player in Williams. Quite amazing that the Nets and Jazz were able to keep rumors quiet of this during All-Star weekend.
Further helping New Jersey, not only is Williams a better player than Anthony, but he likely comes at a cheaper cost. Williams’ deal cannot be renegotiated until after the CBA expires. Everyone is expecting player salaries to drop under the new CBA, which is why Denver held all the cards in the Melo deal.
MORE SPORTS CHAT
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook