Chad Ochocinco Expected to Attend Workouts with MLS Club Sporting Kansas City During NFL Lockout
MLS club Sporting Kansas City announced Wednesday NFL wide receiver Chad Ochocinco will attend workouts with the club. Ochocinco has already released multiple tweets on the subject as well, thanking the club and seeming genuinely excited.
So can Ochocinco make a name for himself in America’s “other” football? According to the release, Ochocinco was a striker as a kid before focusing on football in high school, so he apparently has a little experience. I honestly can’t imagine he has any sort of ball control or shooting abilities to speak of, but the bottom line is that he’s fast. Really fast. 6 Pro Bowls fast. His speed could help make up for his technical shortcomings in the MLS, which is a fairly physical league.
None of this means he’ll actually play with Kansas City, however. He’s basically getting a chance to tryout. His status as a high-caliber athlete only gets him so far. From a business perspective, it’s not a horrible move. If Ochocinco signs, he’ll get a paycheck, and Kansas City get the publicity advantage of having the biggest media whore in the NFL on their team.
There’s no denying Ochocinco loves the game, he was seen in Madrid back in January paying a visit to the Real Madrid first team. Word is Cristiano Ronaldo and Ochocinco are buds. Football’s biggest tool and futbol’s biggest tool have a bromance? I smell a buddy comedy. Greg Mottola, I think you’re due for a sports movie anyhow. I even gave you a tagline.
Photo Courtesy NBC Sports
MORE FASTER SOCCER:
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 6 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook