Techmeme Adds Mediagazer
With two announcements in just two days (see our piece yesterday), Gabe Rivera, founder of Techmeme, the popular online technology news aggregator, today launched yet another product dubbed Mediagazer.
In a brand new blog space, Megan McCarthy made the announcement to the Mediagazer blog as Rivera also posted information and background on the launch to the Techmeme blog.
Notably late yesterday, staffer Mahendra Palsule made a subtle post that he was resigning from another job to work full-time with the Techmeme team. The mention was not made on Twitter. It was made on Google Buzz (which could signal a sign of things to come):
McCarthy, who has been with the 5 person Techmeme team (which also produces 3 others aggregators) will edit Mediagazer.
Other staffers include Rich DeMuro and Lidija Davis.
Rivera took Techmeme from a bot-driven aggregator last year, to one than uses a few ‘real people’ to fine tune the results.
With the literal definition of ‘media’ and related delivery platforms changing at a very rapid pace, it should be an interesting challenge to watch as this project as it unfolds over the next few months.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook
- 10 Shaq Confident He Will Eventually Make Funny Quip on TNT