Recipe: Fattoush (Pita Bread Salad) Vegetarian
Doing my monthly, local television gig tomorrow. No, I will not post the video, because I am chubby. I think that excuse can be legitimately used on many occasions, but it is exceptionally appropriate in this case. I was chubby a month ago, then I went to France and ate Camembert cheese, literally twice each day– NO EXAGGERATION. I won’t look into mirrors since returning a few days ago.
The funny thing is that I really like doing the tv shots. I feel strangely relaxed and comfortable in the studio; it’s not until I get home and watch the segment on my computer that I feel nauseated. ‘Who’s that fat lady?’ I wonder.
They say a camera adds 20 pounds, and there are four cameras pointed on me in the studio…
In any event, I will be making Fattoush– a fabulous Lebanese salad made of toasted pita bread and lots of ripe, summer vegetables and herbs. It is delicious and healthy and low in fat, if you don’t eat 7 servings.
2 cups bite-size toasted pita bread pieces
1/2 head romaine lettuce, shredded
1 large, ripe tomato, chopped
1 English cucumber, chopped into small dice
1 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup chopped, fresh parsley
1/4 cup chopped, fresh mint
1 bunch green onions, sliced thin
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 3 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 4 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 5 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 6 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 7 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 8 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 9 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook
- 10 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Strartup