Recipe: Fattoush (Pita Bread Salad) Vegetarian
Doing my monthly, local television gig tomorrow. No, I will not post the video, because I am chubby. I think that excuse can be legitimately used on many occasions, but it is exceptionally appropriate in this case. I was chubby a month ago, then I went to France and ate Camembert cheese, literally twice each day– NO EXAGGERATION. I won’t look into mirrors since returning a few days ago.
The funny thing is that I really like doing the tv shots. I feel strangely relaxed and comfortable in the studio; it’s not until I get home and watch the segment on my computer that I feel nauseated. ‘Who’s that fat lady?’ I wonder.
They say a camera adds 20 pounds, and there are four cameras pointed on me in the studio…
In any event, I will be making Fattoush– a fabulous Lebanese salad made of toasted pita bread and lots of ripe, summer vegetables and herbs. It is delicious and healthy and low in fat, if you don’t eat 7 servings.
2 cups bite-size toasted pita bread pieces
1/2 head romaine lettuce, shredded
1 large, ripe tomato, chopped
1 English cucumber, chopped into small dice
1 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup chopped, fresh parsley
1/4 cup chopped, fresh mint
1 bunch green onions, sliced thin
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Amanda Bynes’s Behavior Revealed to Be Elaborate PSA
- 2 Obama Horrified by the Grammar in Our Emails
- 3 Incidental Boob Graze Redeems Trust Fall Exercise
- 4 Monster Fart Prompting Management to Rethink “Open Office”
- 5 NSA Demanded Access To Un-Filtered Instagram Photos
- 6 Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Ambushed By Alan ‘The Paper’ Rubinstein
- 7 Local Bully: Gay Boy Scouts a Dream Come True
- 8 ‘Licensed to Kim Jong Il’ Records 27th Straight Year Atop N. Korean Charts
- 9 ‘A/S/L’ Most Asked Question At Kaplan Online University Reunion
- 10 Stanley Cup Final One Blowout Away From “Boston Massacre” Headline Outrage