The Degenerate Republic
Newly-released documents obtained by way of the Freedom of Information Act provide unambiguous proof that the Bush Administration acted as early as November 2001 to compose a plan by which to bring about an invasion of Iraq through one of several projected justifications that might possibly occur in the future. One of these, in which the “U.S. discovers Saddam connection to Sept. 11 attack or anthrax attacks,” can be taken charitably as wishful thinking and less so as a stated intention to deceive the American citizenry on a point of extraordinary import; another, which projects a “Dispute over WMD inspections” and which calls with some noticeable grammatical effort for participants to “Start now [sic] thinking about inspection demands,” is quite plainly intended to result in an inspection regimen designed to provoke such a helpful “dispute” rather than to come to some actual determination of Iraq’s weapons capabilities. The other involves some hypothetical move by Hussein against the Kurds. Not having been cooperative enough to make that particular move, Hussein nonetheless fell into the trap of failing to account for his non-existent weapons of mass destruction, as the reader may recall.
Now, that which does and does not constitute a significant story is a matter of opinion, rather than fact of the sort that we may obtain through science or demonology or some such thing. Having said that, if any story can be deemed important and worthy of examination, it is this one, and the fact that it does not seem to be gaining any traction in the mainstream media tells one everything one needs to know about the manner in which our nation operates, as well as the direction in which it is currently headed.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook
- 10 Shaq Confident He Will Eventually Make Funny Quip on TNT