Gwyneth Paltrow Gives Good Goop
Everyone’s favorite fitness-fiend and leading lady of the ‘cleanserati,’ Gwyneth Paltrow, has gifted us with another installment of her Goop Newsletter. In this month’s edition, she once again praises her long-time trainer (and business partner), Tracy Anderson, crediting her for the amazing physique we’ve become accustomed to seeing on Gwyn.
And now, each and every one of us can have Tracy as our personal trainer, and, with some hard work and a little luck, perhaps even look like Ms. Paltrow herself.
Behold Metamorphosis by Tracy, a 90-day, customized weight-loss program that helps you lose weight by identifying your body type, thereafter following an exercise regiment and diet plan based on that type. There are 4 categories under which you should fall: Abscentric (you gain weight in your midsection); Hipcentric (weight goes to your hips); Glutcentric (weight goes to your butt); and Omnicentric (weight distributes evenly everywhere).
Once you identify your type, Tracy will send you a series of DVDs that provide a new exercise and diet program every 10 days. Therefore, you’re not getting the whole 90-day program upfront when you sign up for Metamorphosis, which I find pretty unique, as I can’t think of any other “mass market” program that operates quite this way. I’m assuming the 10-day breakdown makes the program seem more one-on-one, helps participants avoid plateaus by constantly switching up their fitness routine, and, most importantly, prevents one from feeling initially overwhelmed when confronted by a full-on 3-month program. Bite-sized chunks, if you will.
I’m not usually a proponent of exercise DVDs and “virtual trainer” weight-loss programs, since most people will either perform the exercises wrong or not do them at all, but because these were created by Tracy Anderson, I’m slightly intrigued. This woman has literally trained every A-List body in Hollywood—no exaggeration. Maybe there truly is merit to her method.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook