Emily Blunt’s Ballerina Diet
Natalie Portman isn’t the only Hollywood actress to have undergone a drastic body transformation to play the part of a ballet dancer this past year. In preparation for 2011′s The Adjustment Bureau, leading lady Emily Blunt, who plays ballerina Elise Sellas in the film, endured 4-hour work-outs, 7 days a week for 6 weeks.
As for her diet, Blunt seems to have tapped her The Devil Wears Prada character, Emily, who famously subsisted on “a cube of cheese” when absolutely necessary. While filming The Adjustment Bureau, Blunt says she lived on carrots and almonds alone, and that it was the most boring diet of her life.
While both carrots and almonds are super-foods, packed with a plethora of vitamins, they’re also high in sugar and (good) fat, respectively, making me think Ms. Blunt is probably exaggerating a bit here. I can’t imagine any nutritionist (every high-paid actress has one) would prescribe a diet of carrots and almonds alone, especially when Blunt was simultaneously training several hours a day for the role. But, hey, it makes good tabloid news!
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook