Alec Baldwin Considers a Run for Mayor: From ’30 Rock’ to Gracie Mansion
Following the lead of other actors turned politicians and using Anthony Weiner’s withering political career as a springboard, Alec Baldwin is considering a run for Gracie Mansion. The better Baldwin is flirting with the idea of leaving an industry where so many of his siblings have failed, for a seat as Mayor of New York in 2013.
Baldwin took to Twitter after discussing his candidacy prospective with another New York shining star, Eliot Spitzer, on CNN. Ever since, he’s been Tweeting about prospective presidential candidates and asserts himself as an authority in American national politics.
He said that though he’s approached the idea before, this time he is “very, very interested” in running. Baldwin explained that his biggest concern is with the issues facing the middle, working class.
“I don’t want to say this in an anti-elitist way, but we’ve had men who are Ivy League groomed running this country since 1988,” Baldwin said to Spitzer. “We’ve had 22 years of Yale and Harvard running this country right now, and the problems aren’t getting solved.”
‘30 Rock’ to Gracie Mansion is a leap of faith and we will be sure to have our eyes and ears open for developments. We can only hope that he learns from Arnold Schwarzenegger’s slip-ups and has the guts to not back down as a “girlie-man.”
More by Kate Blessing:
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook
- 10 Surgeon General Pleads For Americans to Chew Their Food 3 or 4 Times At the Very Least