GOP budget amendment makes GOP budget proposal unconstitutional
1) All forty-seven Senate Republicans signed-off on a balanced budget amendment last week that would render all but two of the last 30 years’ budgets unconstitutional, including every year of the Reagan administration.
2) Paul Ryan’s nonsense budget proposal — which derives much of its purported savings from shifting costs to the elderly and the poor, as well as pretending that unemployment will drop to 2.8% — is the talk of the town! He is a Very Serious Person, says Washington DC.
1+2= Hahahahahaha. Which is to say,
3) The budget amendment that all 47 Senate Republicans voted for would make silly Paul Ryan’s budget unconstitutional until 2030.
As a party, they can’t even propose legislation that is internally coherent. Not even close! It’s like saying on Monday, “I need to get oranges out of my life for good,” and then on Tuesday accepting a position as the CEO of Tropicana — while still saying that Monday’s statement holds true. If a friend acted the way the GOP acts, you’d have that person committed.
Yet the media pretends that the Republican Party is a functioning party acting more or less in good faith. Do they know that Elmer Fudd isn’t a journalistic role model?
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook
- 10 Shaq Confident He Will Eventually Make Funny Quip on TNT