The Best Twitter Bot You Should Be Following
Oh, you’re still only using Twitter for communicating with friends and family, and perhaps getting updates from your favorite celebrities or news sources? That’s so 2010.
@Horse_ebooks is a Twitter bot designed to promote a Russian site that sells ebooks about horse betting by spitting random messages (usually about horses) and links. The charm is its absurd, random half-finished sentences seemingly spoken by adorable galloping horse avatar. It has a loyal fan following and even tribute accounts. It’s a bona fide internet sensation, but not a particularly successful marketing technique.
Here are the top 10 @Horse_ebooks tweets. Tell me if you still can find any reason for following a real human ever again:
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 2 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 3 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 4 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 5 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Startup
- 6 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 7 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 8 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 9 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook