How Dove Men+Care Saved My Romantic Rendezvous
Ever since Dove Men+Care sent me their Sensitive Clean Body and Face Wash with MICRO MOISTURE and their Dual-Sided Shower Tool two weeks ago, I’ve been having borderline-spiritual showering experiences. They’ve transformed me from the kind of guy who showers every other day with watered-down shampoo into a fully functional, hygienic member of society. My co-workers have even returned to the desks next to mine ― apparently, they didn’t just want to give me “creative space.”
But I did have a crisis moment: I had to fly from New York to San Jose for what I hoped would be a romantic rendezvous, and I discovered that, shockingly, the TSA does not make an exemption on their no-liquids rule for Dove products. “But…I need my MICRO MOISTURE,” Ipleaded with the TSA official at JFK. “Surely a particularly handsome man like you with such great skin would understand …”
As it happened, the TSA official turned out to be a particularly handsome woman, and she did not understand. She ruthlessly tossed my body wash in the garbage. I slumped to the Jet Blue terminal bar, convinced my date that night was going to be a disaster. “Give me something for a broken heart,” I told the bartender, searching through my carry-on for a pack of tissues. And then it happened. Beneath a layer of clothes and books, I felt a rectangular cardboard box: I had forgotten that I’d packed my sample Dove Men+Care Extra Fresh Body and Face Bar! There was still hope for my evening.
I fidgeted anxiously throughout the flight. Would the Body and Face Bar work as wellas the Sensitive Clean Body Wash? Would it infuse my soul with thesame bravado? There was only one way to find out. Forty-five minutes before landing, I rushed into the bathroom so quickly that the other passengers must have thought I was either a terrorist or had just eaten some very bad airline food. I turned the water on and began to rub the lather into my skin. It felt good. I think I even moaned. A stewardess knocked and asked if everything was okay. “Everything is going great in here,” I called back ― which probably also alarmed the other passengers.
Entering the terminal in San Jose, my skin didn’t feel dry and brittle like after most cross-country flights; it felt hydrated and strong. I felt hydrated and strong.
K met me at the airport. She said I smelt fantastic.
Follow us on twitter@thefastertimes
- 1 Brooklyn Man Now Living Entirely Off Own Beard Garden
- 2 “Cra Cra” Now Official Diagnosis in New DSM (DSM-5)
- 3 OfficeMax Marketing Director Struggling to Make Staplers ‘Sexy’ and ‘Conversational’
- 4 Area Man Tailors Life To Be More Relevant To His Hulu Advertisements
- 5 First Openly Straight Figure Skater Comes Forward
- 6 Fan Banging Furiously on Glass Could Be the Difference in Hockey Playoffs
- 7 Survey: 88% of Eagles Fans Too Drunk To Spell Nnamdi Asomugha Last Season
- 8 Attorney Actually Starting to Believe Own Bullshit
- 9 Homeless Guy Woos Silicon Valley VCs with Low-Tech Crowdfunding Strartup
- 10 Local Mom Won’t Stop Being First Person to Like Every Goddamn Thing Son Posts to Facebook